Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Taking back the streets

I tried to deliver a message
With no rage, anger, or lost of temper
But I’m tired of being ignored
If we don’t restore our youth
Their future will be destroyed
I refuse to sit back and watch them waste away
I demand we get involved right now today
Let your voice be heard
Scream it to the top of your lungs
The ones that we bury
Are someone sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, grand kids, cousins, and friends
But we continue to live life after like theirs never began
When does it stop?
Where does the tragedy end?
I can’t help but worry about the future of these kids
The future of my kin
What about my nieces and nephews
Are they suppose to stay in
To keep them from violence they’re not involved in
Hell no, we’re taking the streets back
And I’m not talking about a race war
Cause this isn’t about being black
This is about being human and lives being snatched away
What good is a future, if our youth is being washed away?
Murder murder, kill kill is what seems to appeal
We’re letting murderers run our streets
While we’re footing the bill
Who’s going to stand and say no more?
My people come on
I’m not bury any of my youth no more
Let’s give them a life they can enjoy….

2 comments:

Soul4Saken said...

U write with such truth and feeling. Thanks for sharing

PoetressFloetic said...

Thank you for reading! I appreciate it