Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The streets

what's going on with my people
Either they're selling the drugs or they're one with needle
Filling up jails and keeping funeral homes with good sales
Its hard to tell that we had people who fought for our rights
Gave their life so we can have a chance at a good life
But is it that we're so used to being down, that’s where most choose to stay
Everything negative seem to work for them day by day
What about our youth, is it to late to save?
They're killing them off or training them to be the killers
They're not knowing better because the street can bring them some nice figures
Buy them some nice rims
Going to school rocking the latest timbs
Not caring about what the teacher have to say
They'll continue to make their money the fast way
I'm tired of turning on the news seeing our kids waste away
hurting my feelingsBecause it was someone so innocent
A future doctor, lawyer, or politician
Who knew their future would end in an instant
We need to put our ears to the streets
Stop and listen
They're crying out for help
But who's going to pay attention?
Who's going to save our kids
we can't depend on anyone else when we're not willing lending a helping hand
Wait (weight) broke the bridge down and many people drowned
same scenario
just a different background
I’m tired of crying
Tired of losing our young men and women to senseless violence
Asking the question why
But we’re only hearing “I guess they were at the wrong place at the wrong time”
Well, where’s the right place to be?
I’m just not getting it
Someone please inform me
Tell me where it’s safe to be
Because I’m tired of our kids going down the wrong street
I’m tired of seeing our younger generation suffer because they’re hanging with the wrong crowd
it’s a damn shame that most of our role models are gang bangers and drug dealers now
I can’t help but to fear for my life
I don’t want to die before I have much success in life
I don’t want to die before I become someone’s wife
I don’t want to die before I give a child life
Think about it…….
The streets that we walk on are the same ones a body’s being chalked on

3 comments:

POPPMusic.net said...

For: YouGotMeWriting (Windy City, Chicago, IL, USA) on Blogger.com:

Good Stuff, but can you write (i.e., Lyrics) songs?

By: POPPusic.net USA at: http://www.yspace.com/poppusic.net

PoetressFloetic said...

Yes.. I'll look you up on myspace

Soul4Saken said...

That was great. thanks for sharing..