Friday, January 28, 2011

Hurting Love

I gave you all of me
with no fear nor regret
loved you unconditionally
even after knowing you weren't worthy of that
wore my heart on my sleeve and you ripped it off like an old piece of clothing
day dreaming about when you used to hold me
tears filling my eyes as I try not to cry
the pain of love hurts
I can not lie
still searching my mind trying to find a solution as to why
why would you hurt someone like me?
no, I'm not perfect nor do I strive to be
but I gave you everything
I even loved you when you didn't love me
how the hell can that be?
I guess that's,that control you had over me
feared being without you so I didn't know how to act around you
I was at your beck and call
wanted your seal of approval so I was careful not to fail
hoping love would prevail but that shit just got stale
the tension, the hate, the unnessecary arguments and debates
did not but prolong a relationship that was past it's expiration date
I know it's too late to take back the hate
but if I could turn back the hands of time
I would have just let go
no love is worth the pain it stores in you
moving on, that's so hard to do
your trust level, it's back at zero too
now I'm confined to myself
and there's nothing I can do

No comments: